Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Who do I contact with questions about my JT SplatMaster products?
Please visit our Contact Us page for more information, or call our Customer Service Representatives at (800) 724-6822.
Question: What Does it Feel Like to Get Hit?
This is the number one question new players and parents ask. JT SplatMaster Ammo has been developed and designed to shoot straight, break on contact, and clean up easily with water. The way it’s been described by 9+ kids is that it has a minor sting, like that of a small, thin rubber band. In our video, Does SplatMaster Hurt?, we put this theory to the test by asking a ten year old how it feels after being hit by JT SplatMaster Ammo.
When the JT Ammo hits something or someone it will break most of the time, especially on hard services or muscle/firm parts of the body. We say, “most”, because there are times when the JT Ammo may hit a “soft” part of the body and bounce. Also, if JT Ammo is not stored in proper conditions it can become hard and resist breaking – check out How to Store Your Ammo to keep your JT Ammo in prime condition.
Question: Why is my JT SplatMaster Ammo not breaking?
As with any sporting goods, you need to take care of your equipment. JT SplatMaster Ammo is greatly affected by weather conditions. Direct sun light and extreme heat or cold will alter the Ammo, so it is important to store it properly (60-86 degrees F, with 50< humidity). By taking care of your Ammo, you can keep it from becoming hard or resisting breaks – check out How to Store Your Ammo to keep your JT Ammo in tip top condition.
Question: My JT SplatMaster Jammed – How do I Clean It?
Taking care of your JT SplatMaster is simple and easy. By following a few simple steps, you can keep your SplatMaster in excellent condition.
- Before cleaning, be sure no Ammo is in JT SplatMaster. “Dry Fire” to be certain Ammo is cleared.
- Once unloaded, you can use a cloth dampened with water to wipe off splatters, dirt and debris from the outside.
- Do not use any petroleum based or aerosol products/cleaners, as they can damage o-rings and plastic components. Water is enough to clean off JT SplatMaster Ammo.
- Clean the barrel by using the supplied cleaning stick, with a rag attached to the end, to swab the barrel until free of Ammo. The cleaning stick can also be used to clear broken shells from the barrel.
- For really tough jams, you can cock the slide to the back and run water from a faucet down the barrel. Watch the video for more instructions on How to Clean Your SplatMasters.
- Be sure to thoroughly dry the JT SplatMaster as any metal components may rust. A hair dyer on a low setting will assist in the drying process.
Question: How Do I Store My JT SplatMaster?
As with any sporting goods, care should be taken when storing your equipment. With JT SplatMaster, because the Ammo is affected by heat, cold, and water, extra care should be taken. By taking a few easy steps, it will not only serve to increase the life of the product, but will assure optimum performance for your next outing.
- First, make sure there is no JT Ammo in your JT SplatMaster.
- Be sure the Safety is “ON” when not in use.
- Make sure the barrel blocking device/plug is in place.
- Before storing, it is important that you prepare your JT SplatMaster by cleaning it thoroughly with water. Make sure you wipe up any Ammo splats or shell. Check out, Cleaning Your JT SplatMaster for a quick video.
- The JT SplatMaster must be clear of all Ammo when not being used – Ammo left in your JT SplatMaster can swell and get stuck if left for a period of non use.
- Store in a cool dry place.
Question: Where Can I Play?
The best place to play is in your backyard with clearly marked boundaries - set barriers as needed. It is important that the field of play has safe backdrops or natural protection against stray shots. Also, be careful of people, children, or animals that might wander into the playing area and stop play immediately until they are out of the playing area. Check out the SAFETY and SKILLS section to understand the basics of safe, fun game play. Also, keep in mind that JT SplatMaster is for play outdoors and should never be used indoors.
When the time comes for versus play, mark field boundaries and set barriers as needed. It is important that the field of play has safe backdrops or natural protection against stray shots. Careful of stray people, children, or animals that might wander into the playing area. If anyone comes into the playing field without face protection, IMMEDIATELY stop play. Go to the SAFETY Section and click the Player vs. Player to learn more.
When you are ready to up your game, take it to an authorized professional JT SplatMaster Experience Field. We are currently signing up fields to participate in the JT SplatMaster Experience, so stay tuned – register and sign up for email (children under 13 need parent approval) so you can be the first to know about the fields near you. Once the Field Locator is up, we will continue to add new fields throughout the year.
Also, be on the lookout for the JT SplatMaster Experience Mega Arena. This 100x50 foot experience will include areas for Shooting Targets, Running Obstacle Courses, and playing Versus combat. The calendar for the SplatMaster Experience is being developed and will release soon, so perfect your JT SplatMaster skills now, so you are ready for the challenge when it comes to your town.
Question: Can I Reuse Previously Shot JT SplatMaster Ammo?
No. Once you shoot your JT SplatMaster Ammo, do not attempt to reload it. The SplatMaster Ammo can have dirt or particles on it and it will jam your SplatMaster. Also, JT SplatMaster Ammo left on the ground for any considerable time can begin to swell, crack, or change shape due to weather conditions, resulting in a jam, and ultimately broken Ammo in your SplatMaster.
Question: What is JT SplatMaster Ammo made of?
JT SplatMaster Ammo is made of 100% bio-degradable, non toxic color filled gelatin capsules. JT SplatMaster strives to make a significant effort to reduce the impact on the environment. Through smart formulation, we use a large portion of recycled materials from other industries. Also, we manufacture JT SplatMaster Ammo using between 15% and 40% recycled and redirected materials that are considered waste, but environmentally friendly, that would otherwise be headed into the waste stream. SplatMaster Ammo is water soluble and easily cleans off most surfaces with just water.
Question: Is JT SplatMaster like Paintball?
For those familiar with paintball, JT SpaltMaster does have some similar characteristics on the surface. But dig a little deeper and you'll find that JT SplatMaster really is something totally new.
- First, JT SplatMasters are powered by spring pressure, not compressed air or CO2. This results in the Ammo only traveling between 110 and 140 feet per second versus 300 feet per second, the speed of a paintball.
- Second, JT SplatMaster Ammo is smaller in size than standard paintballs, and when you include that characteristic with the reduced speed the Ammo travels, it results in less energy - which means, less impact and considerably less “ouch”.
- Last, we have developed a special shell and fill that is designed to break on contact traveling at the low speeds of JT SplatMaster.
Question: Can I use a Paintball Goggle?
Yes. Paintball goggles developed for paintball will protect players from JT SplatMaster Ammo. So, if you already own a paintball goggle, it will provide full protection for all types of play with your JT SplatMaster. JT SplatMaster developed the JT SplatMaster Optix and Optix Upgrade as a modular goggle because of the different types of game play. The JT SplatMaster Optix is used when shooting targets and running obstacle course type of activities. With the addition of the Optix Upgrade, which includes a full facemask and protective ear pieces, players are ready to safely play in versus battles.
*The only safe authorized substitution for JT Optix are paintball goggles specifically produced for paintball.
Question: Can I Use Safety Glasses for Protection?
No, safety glasses should never be used as protective eye wear. Always wear JT SplatMaster Optix or goggles specifically designed for paintball. Just like you would always wear a proper baseball helmet when hitting a baseball in practice or a game, it is critical for players and all those in the field of play to use proper JT SplatMaster eye protection. Though safety glasses are safe for from work activities, the lenses are likely not tested, and therefore not approved for impact of JT SplatMaster Ammo. Also, the strap system is an important safety feature of JT SplatMaster Optix, and safety glasses can fall off or be dislodged during active play.
Question: How long until my order ships?
Please allow 1-2 days for processing in our warehouse.
Our shipping department operates Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Except where otherwise specified, shipping and delivery services are not available on weekends or holidays.
Question: Do you have a Support Center?
Yes we do! You can check it out by clicking HERE.
You'll find manuals for our products all in one place.